Textile ART adventures for 2019

I've been pondering for the past day and a bit what my next amazing creative colorful flair will be and I think I may have a new idea which is something I had wanted to start making this year. I was always a perfectionist growing up, just like my dad is. So trying things like Textile ARTs has been a huge challenge for me to loosen up and go with the flow. I have always found color settings very easy to create and when working with different textures I can now with allot of patients, tantrums, sweat and tears (many tears) freely create amazing textured but also beautifully smooth spun yarns. This new experience I want to teach myself to truly move with the stitches and allow my imagination to run rampant in hope to become the True Textile Artist I have always admired from books and on youtube. My plan is to combine my beautiful ultra soft carded batts into a beautiful masterpiece of wet felts and textile sewing to make my own fabric and bags.
Now if that turns out just like what I wish it to look like in my head is another thing haha. I will give myself 1 year to learn this skill, just like I do with all my spinning skills. Last year I gave myself 1 year to master ART YARN and with that I came out with my own line - Jo's signature yarns. Handspun with the LOVE of color & texture.
I would also like to invite you to let me know what you would love to see more of for me to make.
.
The picture of all the Textile creations are not mine this is just an inspirational image and something to work towards. Also to share with you all what I mean from the above.

If I could feel confident in creating something like the above I would need to learn all that I can first off of youtube and join in some facebook groups. Maybe even keep a look out on Ebay for a Textile Arts book on fiber crafts.  

Here is what I have managed to put together with some stunning colorful carded mini swirls, batts made by me, and adding some strips of fabric, silk yarns and other.  



Now I have been looking on YouTube as of the past couple of days watching videos on how to make fibric textile bags and purses and I am in love! They seem to be quite easy to make.  I think though I do need some more items from spotlight first.  

I also thought about felting but personally I believe it would ruin the luxurious fibers in these swirls. When I think of felting it reminds me of something scratchy.  But the wet felted shawls and scarves are just stunning. 

But its final I really want to try a new craft this year.  Don't get me wrong I love spinning and its soo meditating that I wont give it up for anything.  But I do feel its time I actually start making stuff with my own handspun yarns and carded swirls to allow my buyers and followers to see what it all looks like made up. 

And that I can promise you, you will be able to see some finished products this year :) 

I'll post updates after I have finished spinning up some 10-12ply Mango Tango for a customer.

TO BE CONTINUED



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New ~ Mum & Me Handcrafted with LOVE

Homemade Carded Fibers For Sale

Creative Happenings